Re: Re: OT Cult: rattle snakes like irises too

  • Subject: Re: Re: OT Cult: rattle snakes like irises too
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:02:43 -0700

Chris,............ Black Bears???  I think I'll take my chances trying to outrun rattle snakes over a Black Bear any day!

Griff, we have a King Snake that lives in our backyard. It was just a baby (about 4 inches long) when we first moved to our house here nine years ago. It is now about 4 feet long.  Last year - it and some rattler was just outside our  wrought iron fence having a real "HISSY FIT".  I didn't stay around to watch, but our King snake is still here!  :-)  I'm thinking it won.  It is the only snake we leave alone and won't have relocated.  Having that one around startling me now and then is WAY plenty for me.  :-)

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.