HYB: First TB seedling

  • Subject: HYB: First TB seedling
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:00:46 -0500

Friends  --  Please excuse the ads accompanying this posting.  I had to download Adobe Reader 8 in order to import some forms, and it's trying to take over a bunch of my programs.  It hijacked this morning's photos into Adobe Photo Album, and I haven't ýet found a way to liberate them, so am sending this one as is.

That said, this is 05E1, the second TB to bloom here and the first TB seedling to bloom.   It is stunted, an obvious victim of the weather, and nothing special in any case, but its fragrance is wonderful!  A chocolate-orange scent.  So, it will survive to bloom again.

Even though my gardens were spared the dreadful damage suffered by so many of you, I am seeing the delayed results of the roller coaster weather of January-to-April in several ways.  Almost all the flowers are taller than usual.  Some are well-proportioned, but I'm seeing a worrisome number of TB stalks with no or little branching.  Also, some IBs twice their normal height and the flower heads bent over.  The IBs and TBs are due to explode during convention week, so I think I'll find a lot of flowers needing staking when I got back.  --  Griff

The sender has included tags, so you can do more with these photos. Download Photoshop (R) Album Starter Edition-Free!
http://www.adobe.com/aboutstarteredition

__._,_.___
Top Scientist

10 Greatest Ever