Re: Re: HYB: TB: Black seeding

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: TB: Black seeding
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:48:24 -0500

Donald Eaves writes:
If it stays this warm and windy, daubing is going to
be a useless undertaking.
Donald  --  Your comment reminds me of something that I haven't thought of for a long time.  Earl Roberts, who introduced me to hybridizing, always mouth-breathed heavily on pollen before applying it, saying the moisture would help it adhere.   I got away from doing that somewhere along the line, but it might be worth trying.  --  Griff