Re: HYB: TB: Black seeding

  • Subject: Re: HYB: TB: Black seeding
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 02:22:54 -0000

Well Griff,

That should help with naming any results should I ever decide to
introduce anything. 'Dragon's Breath' comes to mind, or maybe 'Halo To
Sis'. Perhaps I'd better let the thoughts rest at those two.

It cooled off today, but the wind didn't give a break. A bigger
problem is the workplace demands not allowing those few minutes of
opportunity. I'm barely getting a few glimpses of what is blooming.

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@...>
> Donald Eaves writes:
> If it stays this warm and windy, daubing is going to
> be a useless undertaking.
> Donald -- Your comment reminds me of something that I haven't
thought of for a long time. Earl Roberts, who introduced me to
hybridizing, always mouth-breathed heavily on pollen before applying
it, saying the moisture would help it adhere. I got away from doing
that somewhere along the line, but it might be worth trying. -- Griff