Re: Re: AB: sdlg - blue/green detail

  • Subject: Re: Re: AB: sdlg - blue/green detail
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 01:37:46 EDT

In a message dated 4/1/2008 8:42:56 PM Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
I might. I'm not really strong on crosses between close kin. More
likely I'd choose something further out that showed the colors in the
styles. That's what I attempted on this one by using AURORA'S VEIL.
The peacock green is very strong in the styles there. But since I've
only found the color in the falls as well as the styles on a couple
of these siblings, I might try a sibling cross to see what happened.
Provided the opportunity comes.

Donald
Have you tried examining the falls with a 10 to 30X magnifying glass or pocket microscope?  I'd describe the greens I was working with as more emerald that peacock, but we may be talking about the same pigmentation.  One of my more memorable seedlings had very pale blue-violet standards and emerald-dusted ivory falls.  Striking when it opened, but not introduced because it faded quickly and had poor substance.  Unlike the chartreuse and mint greens, this brighter green appeared to be concentrated in the top layer of cells.

Sharon McAllister