AB: bed in bloom

  • Subject: AB: bed in bloom
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 16:07:23 -0500

This is one end (about 1/3 the length) of a 40ft bed that contains only ABs.
While one is waiting for the TBs to start their bloom, ABs give you a jump
on the season here since most of the medians don't love the warmish winters.
The single bloomstalk in the foreground is TATTLETALE in front of SURPASSING
YELLOW and a Vossen seedling with the left corner being a Norris seedling,
MASADA'S GLORY in the center back and AURORA'S VEIL toward the back on the
right. What can't be seen are a couple of shorter clumps beginning to bloom
behind the Vossen sdlg. BLUE ARTS is there too, but only stalking now. I
think Mrs. Vossen probably should have introduced that seedling. It's
performed well here and is a unique grayish purple with fine lines and dark
signal. Not like anything else I grow. Beautiful day today, so I'm posting
this during a break. Not like yesterday where the winds were supposed to
gusting up to 35mph. It was more like they blew constantly at 35mph with
very occasional and very brief breaks down to about 25mph. Didn't let up
'til nearly sundown. I'm really enjoying seeing iris blooms that are only
slightly moving.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA