TB: SKATING PARTY X 'Lumiere d'Automne'

  • Subject: TB: SKATING PARTY X 'Lumiere d'Automne'
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:13:16 -0500

TBs are beginning to bloom out here now. Good show in the garden. Hardly
anything is branching, but the clumps are compensating with lots and lots of
stalks per clump. I posted a couple of siblings from this cross last year.
They were better. I like the golden heart and shoulders that came from L
d'A and which the wind aided in showing, but it's missing substance. The
taupe color isn't something I like all that well either, though I'm
surprised that I don't really hate it. One of the siblings last year also
had it and it wasn't as objectionable as I'd have thought there either. I'd
envisioned a muddy color from the cross. It sort of fits that, but it isn't
especially muddy.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image