AB: shoe brown seedling

  • Subject: AB: shoe brown seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 21:33:55 -0500

I've made conscious efforts to get a shoe brown color in some of my crosses.
This wasn't one of those tries, but this is the 'brownest' color I've seen
in an iris. No red tones, not any orange, no tan. Just plain walnut
gunstock brown. I like the color. It wasn't fully open here and the wind
was ripping it, but it held the color though the standards were pretty wide
and open. Globular and fairly large bloom. It was a cross from a seedling
from AT LAST X LUELLA DEE via pollen - take your pick - from OTHMANI or
TATAI PASHA or SURPASSING YELLOW. Given that I often have doubts about the
LUELLA DEE part, it really is an open question on how I got the color.
I'll take it anyway.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image