From: donald <donald@eastland.net>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:37 pm
Subject: [iris-photos] Re: AB: sdlg clumps

Hello Ann,

> You say "retro" like it's a bad thing ; )

Not to me personally. I'm fond of a great many old irises and
wouldn't be willing to give them up. But realistically when you're
evaluating a seedling, then it seems necessary to view them in the
context of what is the current standard rather than a previous
decade's output. Some of these would have been nice things in an
earlier day, but don't fit well now. No matter for me. They should
contain genes I'd like to work with regardless.

When your ice is gone and you are in full bloom, I hope you share.
Because by then I'll be baking in miserable heat and probably very
dry conditions wondering if anything will survive. I just hope my
show here survives tonight. We are under threat of tornados and hail
and high winds driving heavy rainfall. I'd like the rain, but hope
the rest skips me or what I've seen bloom may well be the season.

Donald