Re: AB: shoe brown seedling

  • Subject: Re: AB: shoe brown seedling
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:50:39 -0000

El,

I love stories like yours. I hope you have a fantastic season. Even
more, I hope you have them for the next couple of decades. There's a
lot of variation between different ABs in how they grow, just as in
the TBs. You can't know until you try. I wish you lots of success.

Donald
--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "El Hutchison" <eleanore@...>
wrote:

> Love this one especially, Donald!
>
> I moved AB Jacob's Well from a protected location in 2006 into a
raised bed
> in full sun. It bloomed last year for the first time since I got
it in
> 2001. This year, even this early in the season, it looks like it's
already
> tripled in size. The few new AB's I got in 2006 also look like
they've
> survived a very long winter.
>
> El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3
> MIS, DIS & HIPS Display Garden

I've seen
> > in an iris. No red tones, not any orange, no tan. Just plain
walnut
> > gunstock brown. I like the color. It wasn't fully open here and
the wind
> > was ripping it, but it held the color though the standards were
pretty
> > wide
> > and open. Globular and fairly large bloom. It was a cross from
> > seedling
> > from AT LAST X LUELLA DEE via pollen - take your pick - from
OTHMANI or