AB: (STEPPING OUT x SATAN'S MISTRESS) X KALIFA'S ROBE

  • Subject: AB: (STEPPING OUT x SATAN'S MISTRESS) X KALIFA'S ROBE
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:27:02 -0500

As all of us know that daub around among the blooms every year, the results
are variable. We may refer to them as puppies and dogs, but I find mostly
even those that disappoint in some way or another by failing to live up up
to our hopes still can provide the splash of color the gardner in us
appreciates. Here's a good example of that. Not what I'd like to have
obtained, this seedling still has great color, presence and substance. No
haft marks whatsoever, brilliant color that carries well, nice blue beards.
All done on a gladiolus type stalk with not much aril content visible. Even
the experimental cross in the background has done yeoman's work as a garden
plant this year. And the cross there was made with no expectations of a
great bloom. So I would encourage anyone who has the urge to go ahead and
try to raise a plant from a cross you've made. It won't have to be the
greatest thing in the world to be lots of fun. They really are easier to
throw on the compost pile than a registered plant you've paid $$ to obtain.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image