TB: RUSTLER X SATAN'S MISTRESS

  • Subject: TB: RUSTLER X SATAN'S MISTRESS
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 23:09:24 -0500

I've posted this in years' past, but I'm still struck by the velvet texture
exhibited on the standards. I hope the close detail gives some idea of
that, but it really is more apparent in the smaller photo to me. It grows
well enough without any attention, but without those standards it probably
would have been gone. Most TBs or any other iris I grow tend to have velvet
falls, but silky textured standards. Lots of iris out in the world I
haven't seen. What others do you folks grow that have velvet on the
standards?

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA