Re: Late thaw in Quebec

  • Subject: Re: Late thaw in Quebec
  • From: mike theissen <miketheissen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:18:11 -0700 (PDT)

Mike,  Sorry to hear about your frost. If the temp. was above 28' you should only have damage to open buds and flowers. The other buds should bloom ok. Hope you don't get 5 days of cold like we had last year, it killed 99% of my bloom. That was a first also, I never expieranced that severe of a cold spell in the 40 years that I have been growing Iris. Hope the rest of your season is warm and nice like it should be. Good luck.    Mike in Missouri.