  • Subject: MED: CLOWN PANTS
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:33:10 -0500

Well, Thomas, it did bloom! It wasn't light enough when I took photos
either yesterday or this morning to get a clear photo. This is the best I
could do. It's a charmer! I only have one other iris this small. I admit
I didn't have much hope when I got it because these generally don't do well.
This will be the only fan to bloom this year, but there are plenty more fans
from last fall if they manage another of our summers. It's gone through
some extreme weather. I went back and looked again at your photo of one of
the parents. Mine is pretty small, only about 7" in height. What does it
do in more agreeable climates?

Also, I just discovered I haven't entered its vital statistics in my data
base....so would you provide the classification and reg/intro date for me?

Thanks a lot!
Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image