Re: TB: AB: a good year

How awful! And your irises have been so very lovely! Hoping some have been spared....
Ann Conway
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 8:53 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] TB: AB: a good year

Taken this morning. It's been a good year. May have just ended. Hailed
earlier with stones as large as half dollars down to pea sized combined with
a wind driven, very hard rain. Well, I needed the rain anyway. But in this
stage of bloom, there will be no recovery for most of what's seen in the
photo. Those with more buds coming along may fare better since the hail was
sparse, but many of these plants are too far along in bloom. Depends on
where those stones fell. I'll be checking on the pods when it gets light. I
just hope it's the only hail I see for a looong time.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Checked by AVG.