Re: TB: Wild Vision?

  • Subject: Re: TB: Wild Vision?
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 04:14:55 -0000

Hello Peggy,

I don't think they are the same. I think the photo in the one you
posted predates WILD VISION by several decades. There is an older
iris, two in fact, that I think yours appears to be similar to. But
for the life of me I can't remember the names for either one. WILD
VISION has very wide hafts and yours appear to be narrower which is a
characteristic of older iris. Also, WV has a definite yellow bleed
up in the standards which is not showing in your photo. Yours
appears to be a much cleaner white. My own photo didn't pick up the
extent of the yellow color showing in the standards, but what I grow
definitely has a lot. Also, I think the white ray pattern around the
beard extend further below the beard on WV than your photo
indicates. It's very hard to ID an iris via a photo. Most of the
time you need them growing side by side to ascertain the differences
to be certain. BEWILDERBEAST may be an exception :). Not too many
its particular color and pattern.

Good luck on id'ng these. They are pretty nice.

Donald
--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Peggy Cox" <Oceanpeg1@...> wrote:

> Photo E-mail Play
slideshow<http://photos.msn.com/Viewing/Album.aspx?PST=8nK2AN1B!
1Lc0GYplxDieInmjnxmmD5U1fwRrO7MmxWOZqjCiPQ1uCcfTL!
GvmK5l07m4ywNdKt3ulGX6YV9yg%24%24> | Download images
<http://photos.msn.com/viewing/Photos.aspx?
pi_Type=SlideshowTask&Task=Download&stppData=&pi_ImagesOnly=1&Folder=n
BuRgwTGIGi58ip8u*T7nYSxwvHc4wdxYTlidnFy2I0%
24&User=A2WedJaYKogSaGkG3Ccif4*ZLC6XL4MM&pi_NoLogin=1>
> Donald posted a photo of an Iris he called Wild Vision not that
long ago. His looked similar to this one in my Iris Collage of the
Iris at the Pinelands Preservation Alliance in Southampton, NJ. My
photo below. Am I possibly right on this one? Is it a TB: Wild
Vision? Peggy in NJ

> <http://photos.msn.com/Viewing/Album.aspx?PST=8nK2AN1B!
1Lc0GYplxDieInmjnxmmD5U1fwRrO7MmxWOZqjCiPQ1uCcfTL!
GvmK5l07m4ywNdKt3ulGX6YV9yg%24%24>
> #1. TB: Wild Vision?
> <http://photos.msn.com/Viewing/Album.aspx?PST=8nK2AN1B!
1Lc0GYplxDieInmjnxmmD5U1fwRrO7MmxWOZqjCiPQ1uCcfTL!
GvmK5l07m4ywNdKv2XU*R0BOBZw%24%24>

MSN Photo E-mail, join MSN<http://g.msn.com/0PHenus1/29>.