Re: TB: AB: a good year

  • Subject: Re: TB: AB: a good year
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:29:48 -0000

Thanks Mike,

Aside from a couple of nicks on two or three, all the pods survived.
I found a dozen or more pods this morning. Considering how little
daubing I've done compared to most years, the rate of success is
really surprising.

On reflection I thought my reaction was a classic one for someone who
indulges in daubing. We grow iris for the blooms, right? But when
the hail was falling, it wasn't the blooms or buds that came caused
the most worry, it was the pods. They aren't even particularly
attractive! :).

Donald
--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "orders at Sutton's" <orders@...>
wrote:

> My condolences Donald, hope there wasn' t too much damage,
especially to the seed pods. We have recovered nicely here, can't
even tell we had a cold snap.
> Mike Sutton

Hailed
> earlier with stones as large as half dollars down to pea sized
combined with
> a wind driven, very hard rain. Well, I needed the rain anyway.
But in this
> stage of bloom, there will be no recovery for most of what's seen
in the
> photo. Those with more buds coming along may fare better since
the hail was
> sparse, but many of these plants are too far along in bloom.
Depends on