Re: TB: Wild Vision?

  • Subject: Re: TB: Wild Vision?
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:04:04 -0500

Peggy  --  Your iris is probably WABASH.  It is definiftely not WILD VISION.  Here is a photo of WABASH in my garden, brought with me from its Hoosier homeland many decades ago.  WABASH differs from its look-alike, BRIGHT HOUR, in that its style arms are pure white, not tipped violet, like BH.  Other WABASH look-alikes have rounder falls than WABASH, whose falls are slightly pinched near the hafts.  And yes, WABASH does have purple-based foliage.  --  Griff