Re: Lavender Iris ?

It's kind of funny... All the fancy irises out there and I Pallida is still in my top ten! : )
Ann
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 9:01 PM
Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Lavender Iris ?

Hi, You have two different ones there. The bottom photo (with mostly green bracts) is not I. pallida, but it is probably an old hybrid involving I. pallida as one parent. The cultivar 'Celeste' comes to mind, but I haven't had time to compare, and I may be on the wrong track with that one. I'll compare later. The other one (with papery non-green bracts) is I. pallida, but I'm not sure which cultivar. It likely smells strongly of grape soda?

Dave

Checked by AVG.