  • Subject: Re: TB: LOVELY SENORITA
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:28:23 -0000

I'm so sorry :). Couldn't resist! What's wrong with the beards? The
appear okay in the photo. Nice solid shade of lavender blue. Not
thick enough or what? Blue beards here tend to show up in arilbred
crosses. They take variable forms. Sometimes the tip is blue, or
the top half of the beard hairs or, in one case the very bottom of
the hairs sitting on a blue beard bed. Don't know what else to call
the tissue the beard sits on.

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "loic tasquier"
<tasquierloic@...> wrote:
> Hello Donald,
> The first sdlg opened this morning and it's nothing stunning.
> still, since you're asking, here it is!
> but don't come and say you're sorry...!
> It's DD05-49c, from a (Sapphire Jewel X What Again) 2005 cross
> 15 cm, only 2 flowers on the first stem of a BIG clump ( 3 flowers
last year) hope the other stems will have more flowers.
> good proportion with the height. poor beards though... , might
still keep it till autumn to see if it reblooms...