RE: HYB: Kupari X Rosemary's Dream

  • Subject: RE: HYB: Kupari X Rosemary's Dream
  • From: David Ferguson <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:16:36 -0600

Question - does it have papery bracts like I. pallida? I'm curious how pure a hybrid has to be before it really starts to look like a pallida. There are a lot of "palllida" plicatas that have flowers a lot like this one, and it would be interesting to know if this sort of plicata pattern comes from pallida itself, or from introduction of genes from something else. Also, even tough it's sort of an eclectic goal, I'd like to breed a diploid Iris that looks like I. pallida and has the sweet scent too .

Dave Ferguson