Re: Practice makes perfect?

  • Subject: Re: Practice makes perfect?
  • From: sdayres2@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 06:56:02 EDT

It was a beautiful stalk and it looked like the next day you will have 3 flowers opened!   You are right about the irises cooperating.  It seems like I find a perfect "Queen of Show" the week before or the week after a show.
Last year, I groomed a Stardock and gave it to the classification clerks.  They were the ones that noticed one of the flowers were missing all of its standards!  I told them to enter it anyway.  The judges of course noticed the missing standards.  However, they said they were glad to see it because of its lovely branching.
Good luck on your show.
P.S.  You know you are an iris fanatic when you loudly state that you have the "Queen of Show" right here before the judging even starts  ;-)