Re: Practice makes perfect?

  • Subject: Re: Practice makes perfect?
  • From: sdayres2@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 23:47:50 EDT

Looks great!  Probably a blue ribbon.    Don't let the cotton stick above the vase.  Some judges count off for that.  Also, can the stalk be lifted higher so the leaf and the side stalk clear the vase?  We at MVIS use opaque milk vases.  So we can cut a piece of stalk and use it to prop up our short displayed stalk.  MVIS just had our grooming presentation in preparation for our show in two weeks.  Next week I will be running around the garden adding spacers to those flowers crowding the stems.  Hopefully, the wind won't blow away the spacers this year.
New Mexico's rule of thumb is the windiest days of the year are the few days before the show.
New Mexico