Re: Hist: AB: BLUMOHR

  • Subject: Re: Hist: AB: BLUMOHR
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:22:38 EDT

I think you're right to question the identity of this one.  Here's a photo of  BLUMOHR from an old Rainbow catalog.

Sharon McAllister

In a message dated 4/7/2009 12:24:56 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:

Marx, '49. Not sure though. Just what color is 'plumbago blue'? Also
described B1L which is light blue (I think). This bloom is certainly not
what I'd call light blue. It's very blue, but I'd say it tips slightly
beyond medium blue toward dark blue. Nothing was mentioned about the white
streaking either. It's random and variable, but is present throughout the
falls and standards. If true this would be an OB- type AB. It was in loose
bud last night and is new for me this year, so I cut the stalks and brought
them inside to finish.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or less.

JPEG image