Re: CULT: after the freeze

  • Subject: Re: CULT: after the freeze
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 17:46:03 -0000

I hit the send button before I intended to. I guess the photos say it all anyway. Looks like about half the stalks turned to mush and the rest escaped unscathed. Time will tell on those still in the fan, but I can probably expect to see some stall and quit growing while others do okay. I think the ground must have retained some residual warmth from all the warm days. The oak trees will have to start all over. The new growth on them is already crunchy. The dry air also kept the hoar frost light. That helped. Makes me hope the five I covered got enough protection they will continue and bloom normally.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA