Re: HYB B109=Experiment X Forever Blue 3buds-26cm

  • Subject: Re: HYB B109=Experiment X Forever Blue 3buds-26cm
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 23:54:53 -0400

Thanks for all your photos.

Terry Aitken got a fall cyclic rebloomer from Cry Baby X Forever Blue.
Not sure I undersand how that happenend, other then Cry Baby is both a
Summer Rebloomer and a Fall cylcic rebloomer. I had tried the same
cross but no rebloomers. So keep track of rebloom on this seedling. I'm
currious as I have found that crossing whenever Rebloomers with Summer
rebloomers usually produces no rebloom.,

Forever Blue X Fall cyclic rebloomers will produce good cyclic
rebloomers. But this is from Forever Blueès plant energy moving the
Fall cyclic genes from the other parent into better Fall cyclic rebloom.

To get whenever rebloomers you need those special genetic conditions
from both parents. Shy Violet may carry them.

I have sent you some articles off list they may help.

Chuck Chapman

Re: HYB B109=Experiment X Forever Blue 3buds-26cm

Posted by: "loic tasquier"
tasquierloic@cs.com

tasquierloic

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:32 pm (PDT)

Hello Chuck,

Experiment X Forever Blue has no sib, it was the only one that made it,
quite easy to decide who must live in that case!

i also have many other seedlings involving forever, and of course i
have made some crosses between the
m!

For the moment, i'm up to my nostrils daubing white powder all over
the place, when it gets less hectic, i will post all the pictures on
Flickr, and update what i did last year.

i have also made crosses with Cry Baby, that is also a very early
rebloomer, hope it's a good match with Forever Blue.

Here are 2 photos of one of the crosses i've done : B064D=Cry Baby x
James Bond-3buds X B074A= james Bond x Forever Blue-3buds

I'll post another one in the next mail.

Loïc