Re: HYB: Odd Pattern

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Odd Pattern
  • From: "eroctuse2" <EROCTUSE2@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:14:15 -0000

I really like this one, Thomas. As far as the reasoning behind the pattern, I'm not sure.

Because the identity of my "Alpine Vista" is in question, a friend here suggested I search the archives for 'Alpine Lake' and there's a neat shot of what a late cold snap did to the coloration here:

http://www.hort.net/lists/highlight.pl?bits=3&search=alpine+lake&URL="">iris-photos/jun01/msg00074.html#marker

and here it is normal:

http://www.hort.net/lists/highlight.pl?bits=3&search=alpine+lake&URL="">iris-photos/oct02/msg00303.html#marker

I'd be interested to see how yours develops over time.

Thank-you for sharing the photos.

Brock