Re: PHOTO: stolpum seedling (pumila X regelia)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: PHOTO: stolpum seedling (pumila X regelia)
  • From: Anita Moran <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 07:37:22 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

very cool

-----Original Message-----
From: Elmsterj@aol.com
Sent: Apr 9, 2010 10:57 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] PHOTO: stolpum seedling (pumila X regelia)

hello.....

    Here is a photo of a seedling from the cross ('Crouching Tiger' X I. stolonifera).  Being that the pod parent is pumila, the bloom is short, as well as the leaves are.  The pumila passed the pumila spot on.  The effects from the regelia parent, I. stolonifera, are taller, narrower standards and heavy veining raying from the beards.  This is an interesting little seedling.  Usually, I make the reverse cross, (regelia X pumila), but that did not take in this case.

Elm

Anita Moran
Pilmore Gardens
USDA 6B