PHOTO: new AB: 'Glittering Garnets' (Eaves)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: PHOTO: new AB: 'Glittering Garnets' (Eaves)
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 16:31:00 EDT

Hello again.....

    I had to laugh at Donald's entry in which he showed a photo of a small arilbred that was a guest iris in his garden and said that guest iris made him nervous because he felt responsible for them.  Well, several years ago, Donald sent me 2 seedlings of his, both from the same cross, and one of them expired that first winter.  Gasp!  The second seedling from the cross ('Anacrusis' X 'Desert Plum') loved my garden and increased well.  With Donald's permission, I have named it and registered it for him.  It is now 'Glittering Garnets', whose coloring reminded me of all the shades of garnets found in the Garnet Creek area when I was a boy.  Below is its photo.

Elm