PHOTO:last 2 pumila seedlings from pum7XTT
  • Subject: PHOTO:last 2 pumila seedlings from pum7XTT
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 00:53:58 EDT

Hi, everyone
    Here are the other 2 pumila seedlings that I kept from the cross of (pumila 7 X 'Tiny Temptress').  There were others, but they were all purple and, since I would not be using them for hybridizing, nor do I have room to keep them, they had to go.  These 2 bloomed on a sunny day (finally!!!) so the flowers show up brighter. Seedling 4 is yellow, like seedling 1 was; however, the brown rays on the falls of 4 are rose colored.  One of the purple discarded seedlings can be seen to the right of the yellow seedling.  Seedling 5 is white, like seedling 3, but the distressed spot on 3 becomes, in seedling 5, simple rays that are blue and which on the second day fade a bit to a lovely sky blue color.  As with all pure pumilas, theses two seedlings have beards of two colors.  The yellow seedling's beards are white, then orange in the throat.  The white seedling's beards are white, then yellow in the throat.  Pollen from all these has been dried and saved and will be used on other bearded iris crosses later this spring.