PHOTO: pumila seedling TTXpum21
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: PHOTO: pumila seedling TTXpum21
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 01:05:42 EDT

    This was the only seedling to germinate from the cross of ('Tiny Temptress' X pum21).  I am intrigued by the many hues present in the fall spot of this creamy white pumila seedling.  There are tones of blue, lavender, blue violet, mauve, rose, and green.  The white beard that turns tangerine in the throat is a nice added touch as did the green flush on the midribs of the standards.  I can think of a lot of things I want to cross this with, but there are only 3 anthers of pollen on this one lone bloom.  Alas!  And now all the pumilas have ceased blooming.

Elm