TB: beautful dud sdlg
  • Subject: TB: beautful dud sdlg
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:32:04 -0500

Too funny! I grow TB sdlgs because I like to have the comparison in sdlg
growth to the AB sdlgs. So a beepod works as well as anything else. This
is a beepod from a cross of (Fashion Passion x Satan's Mistress) which got
to hang around because I liked the colors - sort of silky paper sack
standards over maroon red falls. Tailored form. Didn't expect this. On a
12" inch stalk with two terminal buds. Growth was probably affected by
freeze damage and by getting lined out way too late last summer. Might do
better in the future unless I get around to tossing it. The colors are more
accurate on the side view, but that rim is visible from 60' away. Some TBs
are beginning to bloom now, but it's still an AB show for the minute and
will be for several more days.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image