Re: TB: beautful dud sdlg
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: TB: beautful dud sdlg
  • From: Anita Moran <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:50:42 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I want a Dud like that!!!

:)

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Eaves
Sent: Apr 13, 2010 12:32 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] TB: beautful dud sdlg

Too funny! I grow TB sdlgs because I like to have the comparison in sdlg
growth to the AB sdlgs. So a beepod works as well as anything else. This
is a beepod from a cross of (Fashion Passion x Satan's Mistress) which got
to hang around because I liked the colors - sort of silky paper sack
standards over maroon red falls. Tailored form. Didn't expect this. On a
12" inch stalk with two terminal buds. Growth was probably affected by
freeze damage and by getting lined out way too late last summer. Might do
better in the future unless I get around to tossing it. The colors are more
accurate on the side view, but that rim is visible from 60' away. Some TBs
are beginning to bloom now, but it's still an AB show for the minute and
will be for several more days.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA