Re: Re: AB: the experimental family
  • Subject: Re: Re: AB: the experimental family
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:50:36 -0500

Donald, I'm sure if no one ever tried something, just to see if it worked,
we'd still be in the dark ages. ;)

I grow so many iris that, after my doc n do, I don't have time to make
crosses, although the bees have done a fine job with a few beauties for me.
Growing hardy iris that thrive on the Canadian prairies is what I'm mainly
focused on.

Has anyone tried to speed up the years from seed to flowering by using a
method lily breeders use? IE 3 months in the fridge, 3 months out, etc?

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3