AB: my oddest cross
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: my oddest cross
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:27:02 -0500

Out checking for pods and checking them twice I think I actually see one
forming from this group. The cross is (Mohr Pretender x Desert Diamond) X
Surpassing Yellow. I had reasons for making the cross, but it's an
incredibly illogical one based on their appearance and backgrounds. Six of
them bloomed and five had the smoky cast seen here, though none had the same
colors. This one appears more brown than the photo indicates. I really
didn't expect much fertility here and didn't really try much. I guess I'll
be pleasantly surprised if pods develop. Since the first bloom there has
only been one morning that was decent for daubing and of the sort where I
get pods. The rest of the time it's been wind, wind and still higher wind
with too warm temps and low humidity. I'm surprised I'm seeing any pods at
all. And why am I trying here, anyway? I haven't any clue how to proceed
using these!

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA