Re: Re: AB: Point Well Taken
  • Subject: Re: Re: AB: Point Well Taken
  • From: smciris@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:37:44 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/2010 2:38:54 PM Mountain Daylight Time, robertpries@embarqmail.com writes:

Sharon: I am a bit nervous that I may not have the correct plant, yet it is extremely close. Can I put your photo on the encyclopedia because coming from it hybridizer it must be correct?. Feel free to add any comments about the cultivar that posterity or us might find interesting.
Your photo has variations I would expect considering the flower's age, lighting conditions, and photographical factors -- but nothing that would make me question its identity.   I suspect the photos that have been posted were taken with digital cameras, while mine was taken with film.
Digital cameras do tend to record colors a bit differently. The standards are a bit pinker, as I would expect in a digital photo. The fully-open form in your photo is certainly correct. The beard is the correct type, just a bit closer to mustard yellow than mustard brown -- and I've noticed that digital cameras tend not to record the overlay makes the beard look more brown to the naked eye.
Sharon McAllister