Re: Re: TB: I. germanica
  • Subject: Re: Re: TB: I. germanica
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:55:50 -0500

Median iris, especially SDB's, are the main part of my collection.  MDB's do well here too.
Historic TB's seem to do better for me than more modern TB's, although I do try to order a few new ones each year.  Last year, a friend gave me 2 historic Japanese iris.  They're greening up already, so I'm quite pleased.
I've managed to keep a few AB's alive long enough for them to bloom, then most have died, alas.
I also have a few species iris that seem to be doing well enough to bloom consistently over the last few years.  I also tried a few spuria a few years back.  The original 3 bloomed, so I've been adding a few more to my collection as well, so I have about 20 now.
Most of my 50 or so siberian iris like it here too.  I have an I versicolor that came from a nearby lake region, plus a few nice ones I grew from seed.  Now, I need to try some of those lovely sibtosas.  :)
El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3