Re: Help: Rhizome/stalk question
  • Subject: Re: Help: Rhizome/stalk question
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:44:20 -0400

Freeze damage combined with transplant "shock" resulting in lost bloom
makes me wonder if there's anything we could do to lessen the likelihood
of losing terminals?

Anybody know if keeping them in pots in a greenhouse over the winter
would save them?

So many purchased cultivars don't survive here, or are so weak they
won't go on to bloom in the future. So if the terminal doesn't make it,
I get nothing. I don't mind buying some of the slightly older, less
expensive ones as if they are annuals, but not if I don't get bloom that
first year.

> Yeah, it's a bit of bummer not having stalks up that I had planned to make crosses with. but if that's the worse thing that happens this year, I won't complain.
> Billy

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7