Re: Iris Garden Manitoba Style
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Iris Garden Manitoba Style
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:49:21 -0500

Thanks for your valued input, Bob.

I'll have to take a closer look at the rhizome in a week or 2, as it's barely coming up.  As I recall, it wasn't a bearded type.  The foliage is larger than MTB's here and so is the flower.

You're right though, it could also be a seedling masquerading as Songarica, right next to the label.  Plus, I did have a few aphylla's and I Varigatae Reginae nearby that had seed pods over the years.  I recall moving this iris as it wasn't doing much.  It sure did well after I moved it to the bog garden.

My bog garden isn't truly a bog bog garden; it's just regular topsoil with some peat moss mixed in for some acidity for my few Japanese iris tests.

Your iris is pretty too, Barb.

El