Re: Help: Rhizome/stalk question
  • Subject: Re: Help: Rhizome/stalk question
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:43:33 -0500

The top photo shows where the main fan has dwindled. I have two new
acquisitions that did this and the process started before any freezes
arrived. The 2nd photo shows the same effect caused by a freeze. I'm
seeing a lot more of this than from the transplants. On this one, in fact,
if you look closely you can see a bud showing color down in the fan on the
right. I'd rather have not used this photo, but the others have so much
vigorous increase I couldn't get a good shot of the central fan. In this
case the freeze effect damaged the central main fan, but also managed to get
one of the increase fans. Guess the best that can be said is that on the
transplant 'dwindles', the increase seems never to be affected. So there are
two things - transplant dwindle and freeze dwindle - which result in the
same result. In both cases the healthy increases will go on to make clumps.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image