Re: Spell seedlings
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Spell seedlings
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:44:53 +0200

Even if they are not real tetraploids, as long as they cross with the others, i couldn't be bothered!

and as i was telling you off line, because they cross so well,l i keep forgetting they are not real tetras!, my mistake...!

i was quite surprised, even if 'Bordeaux Pearl' is not a real tetra, that'Tyke' was compatible with it.

'Tyke' comes from Astrachanica Kalmikij, like 'Persona', maybe that's why i managed to get a ( 'Earl of Essex' X 'Persona' ) cross myself!

i will try to use 'Astra Girl' as well this year, just to check if it is also compatible.

 As for your two babies, it is so unfair it is always the prettiest that has the poorest performances!
But strength has to be given priority hasn't it?
at least this is what i'm trying to do.
Too bad for the prettier ones, if they don't match the stronger ones.

Thanks for the pictures!

Loïc