Re: Iris Garden Manitoba Style
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Iris Garden Manitoba Style
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:04:59 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I am adding my new TB photos to Wiki as they bloom here.  I figure that the 2009 TBs which are blooming for me are earlier than most of the rest of you as everyone seems to be posting dwarfs and medians.

We never get the right amount of rain.  Our typical year is supposed to be 13-15".  Yes, we are considered 'desert' here.  But last year was about 8"  This year we are at 21" (which is great).  About 5 years ago we had 47"  - That's what they called 'El Nino'.  And what does it do for us? - Major fall-winter fires.    Part of the problem is the 2-3 months when the temps are 90s to 110.  As they come after the rain/growth of spring everything gets super dry.  When you hear that there are major fires in So. Cal. - it's usually around here.

But we don't have snow.

Have a good day and enjoy every iris that blooms.  And take LOTS of photos to post.

Jan in Chatsworth