Re: CULT: frozen terminals
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: CULT: frozen terminals
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:41:55 -0400

Or transplant shock?

New last fall, shipped from CA, AVONA (the one with tons of increase)
and VALENTINE'S DAY. Planted in September? (I think), first freeze in
late Dec.

I don't expect either of these to hold up very well to summer heat,
constant humidity and dew saturated foliage, and erratic rainfall. But
maybe they will surprise me.

The one with ok terminal is RENOWN, transplanted last fall from my
garden to pot so I could bring it indoors for pollen if necessary. Wish
I had bought RENOWN from CA for comparison.

Maybe the subject line should be terminal freeze ;-)

Linda Mann
east TN USA zone 7

JPEG image

JPEG image