Re: PHOTO: MDB: bright yellow and (?) seedling FFXLG
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: PHOTO: MDB: bright yellow and (?) seedling FFXLG
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:08:55 -0500

Pretty good substance for 5 days, Elm.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:25 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] PHOTO: MDB: bright yellow and (?) seedling FFXLG

Hello all.....

    Pictured below are three photos of an MDB seedling of mine.  Pic 1 shows it just unfolding, and I was surprised to see an olive-brown tone to the fall spot.  Pic 2.....I took while it was in my shadow, and the spot showed a definite olive green tone.  Pic 3 was taken 5 days later, and the fall spot had diminished to a somewhat coppery tone.  I kept this seedling because I felt it had definite possibilities.  Its "junky" siblings got the heave-ho.