RE: Sapphire Gem
  • Subject: RE: Sapphire Gem
  • From: "Charlotte Holte" <cholte@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 01:39:03 -0500

This is a picture of Sapphire Gem blooming in my Garden.  It is about 5 days late for the first bloom.

Normally Madison WI is in peak bloom about a week before we here in the Milwaukee area are, and known for the Lake Michigan effect for this area.  So the Tall Bearded should be right on time for the Convention the first week of June.

We are having two consultative days of rain and wind.  That will slow down the development of the Iris blooms.  They really need the rain and the cooler weather will cause the stalks to develop at a slower rate.  They will be sturdy that way.