TB: CAREFREE DAYS X (SKATING PARTY x LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: TB: CAREFREE DAYS X (SKATING PARTY x LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE)
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:30:07 -0500

Earlier I posted a clump shot of this one. It's really pleased me this year
for its effect in the garden. One stalk has ten buds that are actually
going to manage to bloom. Width is pretty good. But the main thing is the
orange impression it gives combined with the generous bloom. Technically
it's just not orange at all as you can see by the close up, but the
impression in the garden is orange. More orange than a light orange from a
LUMIERE D'AUTOMNE X PRIVATE TREASURE seedling blooming at the same time that
really is orange. Weird how that works. As I quit mowing this afternoon,
the setting sun got under the oak trees and set the clump on fire. The
camera was handy and I couldn't resist adding another photo of the clump in
blooms.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA