Re: AB: HEART STEALER X (CHILDSONG x ZERZURA) #4
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: AB: HEART STEALER X (CHILDSONG x ZERZURA) #4
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:37:51 EDT

Donald,

    I find your observations on forms and shapes to be very interesting, and your additional comments are right to the point.  It always amazes me to hear iris judges at a loss when it comes to working with arilbreds; some of them don't understand the forms because they have little, if any, experience with the oncos and especially less experience with the regelias.  I have even heard a couple comment that the regeliabreds were "like old fashioned TBs in form."  I wish more people could relate to your comments.  On another note:  It amazes me how you used my arilmedian regeliabred 'Childsong' with 'Zerzura' to come up with what I introduced for you as 'Feeling Sorta Blue', a hybrid that took on more of the rounded onco form.  And now here you have, with the cross ('Heartstealer' X ('Childsong' x 'Zerzura')), come up with an arilbred that is even closer to the rounded and domed onco form and yet has its own unique form.  Questions: Is this new seedling fertile?  And, how are seedlings 1, 2, and 3 in appearance and color.....or have they ever bloomed?

Elm