Re: AB: HEART STEALER X (CHILDSONG x ZERZURA) #4
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: AB: HEART STEALER X (CHILDSONG x ZERZURA) #4
  • From: "d7432da" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 03:02:10 -0000

Elm,

I grew six seedlings from the cross and saw five bloom. The sixth had the bloomstalk frozen out. Three had form like this one, but in different colors. The one I liked best had yellow falls and may be a bloomout since all the fans bloomed. The remaining two looked quite different. At first I didn't think I cared much for them, but changed my mind one morning. That happens. I think this one is now forming a pod. Two of the siblings have pods. The potential bloomout didn't set pods and I tried nearly every bloom, but the pollen worked so there are three pods on another cross using it. Hopefully it will put out some increase and won't disappear. These were all fairly tall plants. Seedlings tend to be taller the first year, so these will probably be about the same as Heart Stealer when they are growing under leaner conditions than first year seedlings. None of them much resembled Heart Stealer or Feeling Sorta Blue. Or anything else I have growing here, for that matter. Go figure!

Donald