Re: Re: HYB: TB: Immortality X Apollo One
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: TB: Immortality X Apollo One
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:12:58 -0400

Yes, it's my experience that using Immortality as the pollen parent gives better quality children than using it as pod parent.  Unfortunately, Immortality rarely gives pollen.  Lloyd (Zurbrigg) said to splitting the anthers will yield some pollen.  Some times it works and other times it doesn't.  One year I had several crosses take by using this method.  Bridge and Time and Returning Chameleon were from this proceedure.
I've a couple of stalks currently in a vase and it looks like they may be giving a tiny bit of pollen again.  Now if the rain will just let up!

<<I think others who've used IMM as pollen parent find it easier to get
better flower quality.>>

Betty Wilkerson
SC KY Zone 6.