AB: LIGHTS OF ARABIA - humor
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: AB: LIGHTS OF ARABIA - humor
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:05:24 -0500

What's the old saying? Be careful what you wish for? Might be true. I've
been wanting to use LoA considerably more than opportunity allowed for a
number of years. The other time I had the chance was the year all the pods
got eliminated by hail, so nothing came of it. I always fret about the low
percentage of pods in relation to the effort and this year is no exception.
But not in this case. Maybe I went overboard. Sixteen pods of the same
cross! That's already one pod less than I started with due to a wagging
tail. If all reach maturity, that's a lot more than I'd ever be able to
plant and grow. Some will be donated to the ASI seed exchange if nothing
happens to them, but I can't imagine they'd want this quantity of extras.
No stalks to remove on this clump because every stalk in the clump has one
or more pods. Sets a record for me. I hope it lasts a long, long time too.
I just have to remember that it's still a while before they're collected. A
lot can happen to a pod between inception and maturity. Like the other old
saying of not counting chickens before they hatch!

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image